Friday, July 11, 2008

We made it!

We are in Mali now! I'll give you a brief run down of the events.

We arrived in Bamako via Paris late last night. It had to have taken us more than an hour to get our bags out of the tiny little Bamako National Airport. We were warned that the people there are very pushy, but I really didn't find them all that pushy. Anyways, afterwords, we were brought to the training facility. It's a pretty cool place. Me and Natalie have a cute little mud hut with two single beds pushed together and a ceiling fan (yes...that means electricity!) We woke up this morning with no electricity and it got pretty steamy, but it was still nice. Luckily I was so exhausted that it didn't phase me. Anyways, we've spent the whole day in training, and I'm pretty muched pooped. Also, last night there was like a foot long gecko in the bathroom. There are really pretty birds and trees here. It's pretty cool. Well...I better run. Love and miss you all.

No comments: